Therapy Pet Education
Would your facility like to host a future seminar?
Contact us about scheduling a seminar in your city/state!
If you would like to be placed on a mailing list to receive a brochure about upcoming seminars, please send your physical address to us.
Whether you are a Volunteer, Healthcare Professional, Education Professional, Social Worker, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, or Professional Courtroom or Crisis Worker, our seminars have what you need to begin a new program or expand an existing one! Therapet will have owner-animal teams present for demonstration of skills throughout the two day seminar.
Two day course will cover:
- How to begin a Program
- Infection Control Issues in AAT
- Documentation and Reimbursement
- How to Raise a Therapy Animal
- The Importance of Temperament
- Obedience Requirements
- How to recruit volunteers
- Policies and Procedures
- Liability Issues
- AAT with Special Patient Populations
- AAT in Acute Care Hospitals, Rehabilitation Hospitals, Hospice, Psychiatric Facilities, and Public School Systems
- Utilizing Animals as a Therapeutic Modality
Therapet is available to provide one and two day seminars on establishing and maintaining Animal Assisted Therapy or Visitation Programs. If your facility or organization is interested in hosting a one or two day seminar please contact us.